TOPSoccer, a program of US Youth Soccer, is a community-based, modified version of the game of soccer, designed to provide a positive space for all athletes with intellectual, emotional, or physical disabilities to participate in sport. The focus of the program is to encourage the physical and emotional development of every player.
- To ensure each child can participate and enjoy playing, with modifications to the game adjusted as needed
- Each player will have at minimum one-on-one activity support through our “Buddies”
- This program is based on skill development, fitness, and fun!
The YMCA and Beyond Soccer have partnered alongside Massachusetts Youth Soccer to bring this important program to Lawrence and Merrimack Valley communities and are committed to providing a supportive and motivating soccer experience for all children with mental or physical disabilities.
Questions? Email: [email protected]
More dates and information to follow. Please complete the below form if you want to get involved as a player or volunteer.
- Children with disabilities are 4.5 times less active and have obesity rates that are 38% higher than their peers
- Youth with disabilities still struggle for access despite growth in sports options (Aspen Sports Institute)
US Youth Soccer developed TOPSoccer to combat these inequities to foster young people’s physical, mental, and emotional growth through soccer at all levels, ages, and competition.