School Day Futsal & Fitness Program
Our Program Approach
- Small group instruction to encourage participation (i.e. small-sided soccer/futsal games of 6-8 students to maximize ball touches and interaction);
- Team building activities that promote teamwork, inclusion, cooperation, and communication;
- Other interactive fitness, and recreational activities that get kids moving while promoting the importance of physical activity;
- Consistent messaging throughout the program that reinforces positive behaviors
- Build positive mentor-mentee, or coach-player, relationships by providing positive messaging and support to all participants;
- Offer clear and concise instructions to ensure safety and fun for all
- Help promote confidence and self-esteem for children, regardless of skill level; and
- Express enthusiasm and passion for materials and activities, sports, and fitness.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence
- Guilmette Elementary School
- Guilmette Middle School
- Bruce Middle School
- Community Day Arlington
- Hennessy Elementary School
- Lahey Middle School
- Parthum Middle School
During the 2017/2018 school year, our Soccer, Team-Building, Fitness & Nutrition Programs provided 35.5 hours of weekly activity in 8 schools. For the 2019/2020 school year, however, we decided to cut back on the number of school partnerships so that we could be more effective with our after school efforts.
Our 6-year positive track-record in the public schools with our in-school sport & health programs, in addition to our current partnership with LPS and Boys & Girls Club has helped strengthen our community relationships and enables us to continue recruiting and connecting students from these locations into our more concentrated, after school programs, summer camps, including our new Futsal program, which has been a huge hit with the kids!